Thursday, August 11, 2011

Left Arm popped/ made cracking noise while Bench pressing?

I was doing my usual bench press workout which I've recently went intense on. 10 sets of 10 reps with 195-205lbs. This time I was going higher reps 1st 12 reps 2&3rd set 15 reps. I feel like I messed up because I didn't warm up but on the 4th set on the 3rd rep it cracked mid way whilst pressing the weight back to the bar (the cracking sounded as if it started from one end to the other, it almost my whole bicep). I put the bar back on the rack and went right to self prayer/meditation to try and help me cope with any severe pain incoming and to try and placebo effect heal lol I was terrified. I usually felt like there was some sort of problem but I thought it would heal because weight lifting (safe/ controlled lifting) will get your bones stronger combined with my diet and calcium intake. The cracking was in the humerus bone upper region by my upper bicep between the bicep and the deltoid muscle. It has been over a day now and I was feeling a little more painful when I woke up but it feels like its healing and the pain isn't as bad and there's pain when when I jump rope, also there is no pain when I do front or side deltoid laterals . Squeezing, like chest fly exercises and pushing motions hurt a bit. Might be able to bench less weight for higher reps maybe that will help heal it? Hm...what could be the problem(s)? help me out! Solutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment